Paul Williams, 2017 Billy T Award nominee, really finds his groove on stage at his show “Summertime Love.”
I have never been to a comedy gig with so many different types of funny! There is a lot going on, but it works in with Paul’s weird/cool/awkward style of comedy.
Things I learnt about Paul Williams:
1.Paul has many talents. We already knew about his mad skills on the mini keyboard from his appearances on The Guy Williams Show, but his musical genius doesn’t stop there. In fact, it doesn’t stop at music either – I’ll leave it for Paul to tell you about his one great talent, but let’s just say, the single people in the audience won’t be single for long.
2. Paul gets distracted easily. Which I found hard to discern whether that was actually part of the gig, or whether he really does just sometimes, mid sentence, wonder about the audience’s daily intake of water.
3. Paul loves a bit of banter with the audience, and slammed out some solid impromptu one-liners that had me in stitches.
4. Paul genuinely seems like a nice guy. This added to his hilarity in an honest, down-to-earth, “kiwi” way.
5. Paul Williams has been to New York.
Things to look forward to when you go see Paul Williams:
1.Some kick-ass yoyo skills
2. Weird-and-probably-irrelevant flirting tips
3. Nostalgic stories of a NZ childhood
4. A seminar
5. Sick dance moves.
Just a special mention to Paul’s audience – they really created an atmosphere of comedy, they were hanging out for Paul’s for the next joke. SHOUT OUT to the couple who sat in front of me, with the loudest and greatest laughs of all times – the world needs more people like you!
Make sure to catch Paul this week in Auckland while you can! Ticket info here