In all honesty we were ready to throw in the towel and chalk this up as our first failure, however I persevered and here we are. By we and our I really mean I and my. Jess fulfilled her part, sort of, she gave her answers to the lovely misswho’s questions. Granted, rather than pick a blog or two to nominate, Jess helped me decide that we were only going to choose three other blogs because we’re about quality, not quantity. Thanks for the nomination misswho! We shall now proceed to answer the questions, pay it forward and generate our own questions for the other three blogs to answer in their own Liebster Award post.
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven (we’re doing three) new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
- Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from).
- Notify nominees
Eleven Facts About JawkwardLOL or Jess and Mata respectively.
- JawkwardLOL is the creation of one Samoan writer and one Fijian Indian accountant who decided to take their love of TV, books and movies and combine it with awkwardness to form this website.
- Mata: I fell into a creek the first day of my first visit to Samoa when I was ten.
- Jess: I live under a bridge.
- Mata: I have about ten books that are waiting to be read, including King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. If you haven’t read Prince of Thorns I suggest you remedy this as soon as possible, and in turn I will remedy the fact that I have yet to start reading King of Thorns.
- Jess: I have given up trying to catch up on Bones.
- JawkwardLOL has a youtube channel www.youtube.com/jawkwardlol that you should subscribe to.
- Jess: I studied Accounting, Economics and Politics at uni. I am a well rounded individual.
- Mata: Was that a dig at me? I studied English and Politics before studying English at a postgraduate level.
- JawkwardLOL is a combination of our names, sort of. Jess just liked adding the letter J to things and I added the LOL at the end. Also there are a number of layers to the word, the unpacking of which would take multiple posts and a movie.
- Jess: I once watched a whole season of Doctor Who during the course of a day, at uni. My favourite doctor is the Eleventh, played by Matt Smith.
- Mata: I do not have a favourite doctor, I love them all equally.
Questions posed by misswho.
- Favourite guilty pleasure? Jess: Listening to the Hannah Montana soundtrack and watching Good Luck Charlie.
- Explain your blog title. Please refer to number 9 of facts about JawkwardLOL
- You’re on the TV show Misfits, and have been granted/cursed with a superpower that reflects your personality (for example, an irritable person may have Hulk-like rage attacks when provoked). What is your superpower and why? Jess: Misfits, easy. Teleportation. I would love to travel around the world.
- What is your favourite line from a book, movie, TV show, play, speech, poem or song? Mata: ‘Seems Madam? Nay it is, I know not seems.’ William Shakespeare, Hamlet. Act I Scene II.
- What are you currently working on? Mata: A script for our next video. Hopefully a skit.
- Most thumbed book in your collection? Jess: ‘The Freedom Junkies” by Cliff Taylor.
- What are you doing/what did you do this Valentine’s Day? (I’m eating chocolate with “Someone Like You” on repeat.) Mata: I legitimately cannot remember.
- Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what music? Mata: All sorts, sometimes Bach or Beethoven. But currently I’m listening to Fun. ‘Why am I the one?’ Sometimes I can’t get anything written until I chuck on some My Chemical Romance, or Tupac.
- What are your pet peeves? Mata: Ignorance. Also, when people borrow books and don’t give them back- I don’t realise until I need it again and go to grab it but can’t find it and then have a panic attack because my books are extensions of myself.
- If you could offer one piece of advice to a beginner in your field, what would that be? Jess: I’m an accountant. My one piece of advice? Love money.
- What are you most proud of? Jess: You know what they say, pride comes before the fall. I’m paraphrasing because I’m not the words guy here.
BitchAboutDevo: We know Kara from twitter. She’s boss.
JAFA Round the World: CW has some brilliant insights and beautiful photography!
Lost Coconut: A fellow coconut, malo malo, chronicling her life as a Samoan mother studying Ethnomusicology at the University of Melbourne.
Our Eleven Questions, should you choose to accept them:
- What TV character would you most like to have dinner with?
- Look to your left! The first item you see will be taken with you when you’re thrown into a vortex that lands you in Narnia. What is it?
- What did you have for lunch yesterday?
- If given the chance (yes, time-travel is available, as are weapons) would you assassinate Hitler?
- Favourite social media platform?
- Welp! You’re sucked into a movie! What kind and, if applicable, do you survive through to the end?
- Quick, the square root of 234567!
- Jack gives Mindy $2. Mindy loans a dollar to Jan. How much money does Derek have?
- Timelord or Wizard?
- You get a call from your favourite fictional character, who is it?
- If lightning strikes the sea, why don’t all the fish die? (First of all, do you know the answer. Secondly, bonus imaginary points if you know where that quote is from.)
Well, lovelies. I do hope you partake. Also, random reader who has happened across this website.